Also, I have been thinking about several decisions to be made for my SCAMP - color scheme, additional modifications I might want to make, name. Still not sure about color, I do have some ideas for a few mods, but I have decided on her name.
SCAMP #124 is no longer nameless - she will henceforth be known as ANNIE B (for my wonderful wife, who hardly ever complains when I disappear into my shop). This continues the theme of naming boats after women in my (or others) life - my West Wight Potter IDA MAE is named after my mother, and my Melonseed Skiff SKYLARK is named partially for the previous owners wife Skye.
So, lets see - where did I leave off in June? I had finished prepping the forward bulkheads (sanding, epoxy coating, installing hatches in B3, build mast trunk), and was about ready to install them.
I also had neglected to glass the part of the trunk that will extend above the veranda roof, so I did this first. I decided to try using peel-ply for this, and it worked really well. Only had to apply epoxy to the glass once, and it came out real smooth. I'll be looking for other places to make use of peel-ply.
So, I solved the countersink adjust problem by cutting a few pieces of 1/2" dowel to the correct length (and drilling a hole down the middle) to hold the countersink bit at the correct distance from the end of the pilot drill. You can see I have ones for 3/4", 1". and 1 1/2" screws. Then I made an selection of "doughnuts" from 9mm and 6mm ply that slip over the countersink bit to act as a depth stop. I have made one thinner one also, by sanding down a 6mm thick doughnut. These two fixes make the countersink bit set foolproof to use, and very easy to adjust.